Late November Events in Sulphur Springs, TX
The end of the month is near! Have you made any late November plans? We’ve got a list of events for you to take advantage of. Check out what’s going on nearby and get ready for some fall-time fun!
Hopkins County Turkey Trot
The Hopkins County Turkey Trot was created as a benefit for local children’s charities. It also helps to raise money for a child who has immediate needs. This event serves as a great way to give back, and its proceeds go toward saving the lives of the kids who are the future of our community. So, when you participate in this event, you do much more than experience a good time. You aid in the service of those who need it most. What an amazing way to celebrate Thanksgiving?
This year marks the 7th Annual Hopkins County Turkey Trot. The proceeds from this year’s event will go toward Mother’s Culture Club, and will be distributed to a local charity through this organization. Additionally, the local child beneficiary for this year is Sloan Jordan. Sloan is a 1 year old sweet baby who was diagnosed with Esophageal Dismotility, GERD, Aspirations, and Oropharyngeal Dysphagia. We are hopeful that the money raised for Sloan will be a remarkable aid in his treatment and increased health.
The Hopkins County Turkey Trot will take place on Thursday, November 23, 2017. Be sure to arrive early, as the first race will begin promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- Kids Fun Fun – 7:30 a.m.
- 5K – 8 a.m.
- 10K – 8 a.m.
Location: Celebration Plaza
To register for one of these upcoming races, click here.
Christmas in Heritage Park
Each year, visitors stop by Heritage Park to enjoy a festive Christmas experience, right in time for the approaching holiday. This event showcases beautiful lights, great music, strolling carolers, Santa Claus and even a live nativity scene! You can also enjoy free goodies like hot cocoa, punch, coffee, and delicious cookies baked with love. Oh, and don’t forget about the amazing door prizes! As soon as you purchase your admission ticket, you are entered for a chance to win.
When you head out to this event, you can also stop by the various historic buildings that are open. Add these locations to your list of places to visit:
- The blacksmith shop – There will be live demonstrations of how the blacksmith makes his creations.
- The general store – Get warm and toasty by the wood stove. While you’re there, be sure to purchase some of the beautiful Christmas decorations available.
- The log house – Step inside from the cold air at this warm location. There will be tasty treats served here as well.
- The chapel – Stop by and listen to lively holiday music.
- The Atkins House – View the beautiful Christmas tree and listen to lovely instrumentals at this location. It’s the perfect background for a family photo. Also, grab a few treat while you’re there.
- The Smith Greg House – Take the kids to see Santa! This is the perfect opportunity for them to tell him what gifts they’re looking forward to receiving on Christmas Day.
- The railroad building – Are you in the mood for a snack? Stop by to tour this building, and be sure to grab some popcorn and peanuts while you’re at it.
The annual Christmas in the Park event will take place on Saturday, November 25th and Sunday, December 2nd from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $3 admission per person
Don’t miss out on these late November events! Hop into a vehicle from Jay Hodge Chevrolet in Sulphur Springs, TX and head out for some fun!